Sunday, April 7, 2013

Relaxing, Reading...and Rationalizing

With the sun shining, the birds singing, and the promise of what summer shall bring, one cannot help but sit out and just smile with happiness.

That apple pastry is a weekend treat from my sister. I enjoyed every delicious bite and am pleased there are bakeries nearby where they create such treats made from scratch! :) :) :)

On a side note, I've found this food advocate writing position that I can't get out of my mind. True, I love to write, am an activist of pure ingredients; sustainable living; farmers markets; and going back to the basics where food is concerned. Do I have it in me to take it upon  myself to join the hundreds of other food activists in the fight to preserve what little good remains of our food system? It's so overrun with organizations that are money driven and with governing bodies that have more loopholes than should ever be allowed. Yet is this a bigger undertaking than I can imagine? I'm curious... And curiosity means I can't not think about it. So I wonder...I wonder if I should give it a shot...

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing. wish i was also in warmer weather to enjoy that. :)

    ReplyDelete