Friday, May 24, 2013

RUSTIC PEAR TART

"It is, in my view, the duty of an apple to be crisp and crunchable, 
but a pear should have such a texture as leads to silent consumption."
-E. Bunyard 'The Anatomy of Desert'

Cruising the isles of the market, I spotted some pears and instantly remembered a recipe I had skipped over recently while online. On impulse, I purchased them and eagerly headed home to experiment. This recipe has been modified from the Rustic Pear Tart.

NOTE: Not a huge fan of butter, the attempt is to incorporate as many healthy substitutions as situation allows.  In the above recipe, 3/4 of the butter was substituted for applesauce yet some was included to help the crust stay intact and not turn mushy. Although I've not perfected all recipes where butter is entirely eliminated, I am open to suggestions from fellow healthy bakers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment