Monday, June 24, 2013

Bachelorette Berry Cupcakes

These berry cupcakes were created for my sister Liya's bachelorette party this weekend. Not only were they DELICIOUS that night, but here I am, back in Seattle and wishing I had this tiny shot of sweetness first thing in the morning! (sheepish grin here...)

Although these turned out amazingly perfect, the creator and modifier of recipes in me is wanting to try one more version before posting the recipe. Some changes I made to these cupcakes:

*pureed 1 cup of fresh strawberries & substituted them instead of 1 egg & 1/2 cup of butter.
*used olive oil instead of butter to keep cake consistency moist yet not fall apart.
*what I am aiming for in the next recipe: using fruit extract for coloring. So stay posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment